- This event has passed.
The first training session of the Better Training for Safer Food project regarding “Microbiological criteria module on Listeria and RTE food” will be held from the 21st to the 24th June 2022. Participants coming from EU member states, candidate countries and EEA/EFTA countries will be expected to attend the training session.
This session will take place in TRIM
The specific objectives of Module MC B (RTE food and shelf life specific to Listeria m) are to:
- Prerequisite before starting Shelf-life studies;
- Classification of RTE foods based on their physicochemical characteristics;
- Predictive microbiological modelling and software, database, case scenario and examples;
- Challenge tests for shelf-life determination and use of the growth potential of Lm in RTE food;
- Durability studies and Sampling;
- Flexibility on Microbiological Criteria;
Analysis of Guidance documents on shelf-life studies- International European standards developed
Deadline for application
The seminar is open to Officials from the Laboratory and enforcement side and aims to identify L. monocytogenes risk in RTE foods checked and analysed and to provide general principles for the decision on when and which shelf-life studies are needed.