- This event has passed.
The 1st training session of the Better Training for Safer Food project regarding “Microbiological criteria module on Listeria, Shelf-life and RTE food” will be held from the 21st to the 24th of June 2022. Participants coming from EU member states, candidate countries and EEA/EFTA countries will be expected to attend the training session.
This session will take place in Trim.
The specific objectives of Module MC B (RTE food and shelf life specific to Listeria m) address:
- Prerequisite before starting Shelf-life studies;
- Classification of RTE foods based on their physicochemical characteristics;
- Predictive microbiological modelling and software, database, case scenario and examples;
- Challenge tests for shelf-life determination and use of the growth potential of Lm in RTE food;
- Durability studies and Sampling;
- Flexibility on Microbiological Criteria;
- Analysis of Guidance documents on shelf-life studies- International European standards developed.
Deadline for application: 25th of April 2022
The seminar is open to laboratory and enforcement officials and aims to identify L. monocytogenes risk in RTE foods checked and analysed and to provide general principles for the decision on when and which shelf-life studies are needed.
- Relevant technical background: participants should preferably have the necessary knowledge in the relevant legislation;
- Relevancy to daily work: participants should, as a priority, be staff of the competent authorities and be involved in the control of food products;
- Sufficient language skills: in order to ensure the transfer of knowledge and opportunities to exchange views, participants should master the language of the training session;
- Ability to share their experience: priority will be given to participants whose position will allow them to share the outputs of the training sessions with colleagues.