The training session of the Better Training for Safer Food project regarding “Supporting effective participation in codex activities for CCAFRICA countries” will be held from 10 to 14 October 2022. Participants coming from African countries such as Angola, Chad, Congo-Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, and Uganda will be expected to attend the training session.
This session will take place in Ethiopia (TBC)
More specifically, the upcoming workshop will provide extensive information on the following topics;
- To enhance knowledge and experience about the international trading system in agri-food products (WTO, SPS) and the role of international standard setting bodies, with particular focus on the work of Codex.
- To strengthen the capacity of countries in the region to participate actively in the development and implementation of standards by the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) and its subsidiary bodies,
- To explain the organization, management and procedures of Codex bodies and support the establishment in participating countries of a strong, solid and sustainable national capacity to engage in Codex.
- To support the use and relevance of Codex standards, guidelines, and codes of practice by countries in the region as an essential component of a science- and rule-based food safety system.
Deadline for application: 1 September 2022.
The participants should:
- be officers of the national competent authorities and/or institutions involved actively in the work of the Codex Alimentarius Commission and its committees.
- be preferably in a position giving them the function to train other officers in the national competent authorities and/or private sector operators, so as to ensure further dissemination of the knowledge acquired during the workshop;
- be able to work in either French or English and participate with ease in work sessions’ discussions