- This event has passed.
The 4th training session of the Better Training for Safer Food project regarding “Risk Assessment of Microorganisms or Biocides” will be held online from 22nd to 26th November 2021. 45 participants coming from the EU Member States, Candidate Countries, EEA/EFTA countries will be expected to attend the training session.
Due to Covd-19 pandemic, this event will take place as a virtual course.
The objective of the current course is to support development of expertise as regards the risk assessment methodologies for microorganisms to be used in biocidal and plant protection products. This shall also enhance competences in evaluating dossier admissibility/validity and risk assessment, and will also aim to promote, as much as possible, harmonisation of the procedures of evaluation, and authorisation of such microorganisms within the EU.
- Day 1: Welcome address, Principles of Augmentative Biological Control, Modes of action of microorganisms against target organisms and Geographical origin and distribution and its relevance for risk assessment purposes.
- Day 2: International networks of risk assessors, managers and scientists in the area of microorganisms used in biocontrol; Overview of the EU regulatory framework on pesticides and biocides, differences between microbial and chemical pesticides and Steps in the risk assessment, State of art of the academic knowledge in the area of biological control.
- Day 3: Methods to evaluate efficacy of microorganisms used under different conditions; Instruction to retrieve relevant scientific information and Characterisation of the microorganism.
- Day 4: Environmental dynamics of microorganisms in the context of ABC; Sampling techniques; In the context of ABC: interaction with non-target organisms and evaluation of exposure, potential risks, and effects and Analytical units: types, appropriate use according to the different needs.
- Day 5: Potential pathogenicity for humans and relevance of residues for human health; Risk mitigation measures related to the use of microorganisms; conclusion and closing of the training.
Deadline of registration : 11th October 2021
Selection procedure :
• Relevant technical background: participants should preferably have the necessary knowledge in the relevant legislation and in risk assessments and decision making of active substances and plant protection and/or biocidal products in the context of the EU regulations ;
• Relevancy to daily work: participants should, in priority, be staff of the competent authorities and be involved in risk assessments and decision making of active substances and plant protection and/or biocidal products in the context of the EU regulations;
• Sufficient language skills: in order to ensure the transfer of knowledge and opportunities to exchange views, participants should master the language of the training session for which they applied;
• Ability to share their experience: priority will be given to participants whose position will allow them to share the outputs of the training sessions with colleagues.
The participants should have a computer with a working camera and audio system (speaker and microphone, preferably a headset) as well as a good internet connection.